St. John's House

St. John's House

Work on this fine Jacobean property commenced in 1626.
Built on the site of the 12th century medieval St. John's Hospital, this elegant stone mansion was to be the home of the Stoughton family. In the 1660's the house was extensively altered, and enlarged to it's present size. By the end of the 18th. century the house had become a private school, and at the start of the 20th century was being used as a records office by the army.
In 1960 the County Council bought the property and, a year later, opened it as a branch of the County Museum, dealing with folk life, costume and the history of the Royal Warwickshire Regiment. Museum.

St John's House Museum has its own free car park, although spaces are limited. Alternative parking can be found at St Nicholas Park. The museum has a small shop which offers a range of gifts to suit all ages. Public toilets are located within the house and include an accessible toilet and baby changing facilities.

See Events and What's On for details of events.

Address
St. John's House Museum, Warwick, CV34 4NF
Telephone
+44 (0) 1926 412132
E-mail
Opening Times
10.00am - 5.00pm Tuesdays - Saturdays and Bank Holiday Mondays (all year round)
2.30pm - 5.00pm Sundays (April - September only)
Admission
Free
Info
Family
Images (1)